Scroll down to REGISTER, learn about our REQUIREMENTS, and WELCOME LETTER
SURPRISINGLY LOCATED OFF DUVAL RD. BETWEEN RESEARCH BLVD NEAR THE ARBORETUM & MOPAC AT THE DOMAIN
Are you looking for a summer camp for your child? Does your child love horses? Then, Switch Willo Stables, voted best equestrian camp by Austin Family magazine, is the place for your kids this summer. Our adorable ponies and horses would love for your child to come and join Team Switch Willo to learn horseback riding and horse care.
Our weekly camp runs from May 28th through the week of August 13th from 9 am to 4 pm daily. There is also the option for morning and afternoon care starting at 8 am and ending at 5 pm respectively. Each week of camp culminates with a horse show and ribbon ceremony so that parents can come and see what their child has learned and accomplished throughout the week.
Sessions are limited to 8 campers in order to ensure safety and optimal learning. Campers ages 6 to 13 and all skill levels are welcome. 1 adult supervisor, 1 senior counselor and 1 junior counselor accompany each group and extra counselors accompany them while they are riding. All beginners and first timers will be led by a junior counselor at all times until they and the instructors feel that they are confident and comfortable enough to do so alone.
What makes our riding camp the best in the Austin Area?
We are the only State certified Horse riding camp in the Austin Area
- Certified life guard on duty
- Voted best equestrian camp by Austin family magazine from 2009 through 2017
- Located 15 mins and 10 miles north of Downtown Austin
- All adult employees have undergone background checks
- Best instructor to student ratio (no group larger than 8)
- Large air conditioned and heated camp house, four arenas, two lighted for night time riding and a 5 acre grass field with jumps. All areas have large numbers of trees so that the campers can always find shade
- More of our students, many of which started in camp, have gone on to obtain full ride scholarships to NCAA equestrian teams than any other stable in the Austin area
- As the longest running, family operated horse stable in the Austin area, we have been in business since 1963
Monday – 8:30am -4:00pm
Tue.-Fri. – 9:00am – 4:00pm
Camp tuition is $375.00/wk + a 4% merchant processing fee with an optional $20.00 to purchase the camp t-shirt. We do have an option for extended care for working parents which would allow drop-off at 8:00am and a pick-up at 5:00pm daily. The cost is $10.00 per slot or $20.00 per day should you need both slots.
*** ONCE THE FORM HAS BEEN COMPLETED, PLEASE SUBMIT WEEKS PRIOR TO SESSION START WITH COPY OF CHILD’S VACCINATION DOCUMENTS.
MAILING ADDRESS : 4829 SWITCH WILLO, AUSTIN, TX 78727 (OR) IF YOU HAVE THEM YOU MAY ATTACH THEM ON THE CAMP FORM
CLICK BELOW - WELCOME LETTER AND REQUIREMENTS FOR CAMP!
FOR MORE INFORMATION , PLEASE CONTACT: